This weekend I was making breakfast and made biscuits, only because I had a tube that I wanted to get rid of. While I was making Bacon, I decided to go with a sausage gravy idea, so I whipped this up and it came out pretty good. it’s a really easy recipe and it was all stuff that I had anyways so it cost next to nothing for me to have breakfast and lunch.
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Bacon grease
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the leftover bacon grease. Whisk in the flour vigorously until it’s smooth, you don’t want any chunks of flour.
- Put the heat on low and stir until the roux turns a light golden brown.
- Add in the milk slowly while whisking, only about a half a cup at a time so that it blends completely. Crumble up the 3 slices of bacon and add that into the mix.
- Season with Kosher Salt and some Fresh Ground Black Pepper. I also added a little bit of Chili Powder, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.
- Let this heat until it starts bubbling then serve on top of fresh biscuits for a unhealthy but insanely tasty breakfast that will stick to your ribs the whole morning.