Another favorite topping of mine for any type of Mexican food is Pico De Gallo. It’s like a chunky salsa without the tomato paste but it adds such a great fresh flavor to just about any foods or sauce. You can use it on top of sandwiches or tacos/burritos. You can add it to cheese for a quick dip or topping. It’s healhty, quick and easy to make and just delicious!
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper (to taste,) cilantro and green onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.