Here’s a recipe I found to make an authentic Mexican style Salsa Queso Dip. This goes great on Nachos, inside of Quesadillas, Burritos or Tacos.
- 1 large Tomato (diced)
- 1/4 Medium Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/4 Medium Onion Chopped (diced)
- 1/2 Green Chili Pepper (diced)
- 1 Tbps. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cheyenne Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder (or Ghost Pepper Powder)
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 C butter
- 3 lbs. Velveeta Cheese, (cubed to help with melting)
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
On medium heat in Large saucepan melt 1 stick butter with the diced Onions, Green Peppers, Chilis and Tomato.
When all veggies are tender and onions translucent add to the double boiler and then add your cheese. When cheese has melted add the remaining ingredients.
Cook over low heat and stir occasionally for 1/2 hour so that all of the flavors blend well.