Green Beans and Garlic go great together. Add in some Mushrooms and you have yourself a party, or at least a great side dish to pretty much any holiday meal. This is almost mandatory next to the turkey on Thanksgiving and during the Christmas dinner. It’s easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prep up.
- 1 lb French-style Green Beans
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp Minced Garlic (depending on taste)
- 2 tsp. Flour
- 1/2 C. Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 lb of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 lb Bacon (optional)
- Add Garlic to an oiled saute pan over high heat with Green Beans and Mushrooms,
- Toss rapidly to cook Garlic and crisp up Green Beans and Mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook Bacon if adding then place Bacon on paper towel to dry excess grease, chop up the Bacon.
- Make sauce of Milk, Salt, Pepper and Flour. Stir 1/4 cup Cheese into sauce.
- Combine with beans into a shallow buttered dish.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Add Breadcrumbs to top and then turn Oven to Broil and let finish for 5 minutes.