These little guys are a great Superbowl Snack, They take a bit longer to whip up then some of these other appetizers that I have listed, but they’re definitely worth it.
- 1 package tater tots
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, cut in half
- 6 slices American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange the tater tots in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, so that they are no longer frozen but not completely cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until cooked through but still flexible. Drain on paper towels.
- Break each slice of cheese into small pieces. Each slice should make about 16 pieces. Place a piece of cheese against the side of a tater tot. Wrap with a piece of the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until you run out of tots.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bacon is crisp.