Here’s a simple recipe to make with your new cast iron cookware. This is a great way to learn cooking fundamentals as well. Follow this quick recipe for a tasty side for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 3-4 Potatoes (Cut into 1/4″ chunks)
- Half Onion (Diced)
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (Thinly sliced)
- Favorite Seasonings
- Over a Medium-High heat, add Oil to the pan, enough to cover the bottom evenly. Allow to get hot enough to where the oil just starts to shimmer and has that fryer oil smell, about 350 Degrees. You can also test with a wooden spoon, if it bubbles right away, the oil is about right.
- Add potatoes to the cast iron skillet and push around so that they’re all in one layer. Let these cook about 4 minutes, you can check by lifting one to see if it is golden brown. Don’t turn down the fire unless its starting to really smoke.
- When Potatos are browned on one side, flip over and add in the onions. Allow this about 4 minutes to cook. Check like before to see if browned.
- Once the second side is done, add in the Garlic and Season to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until Garlic starts to brown, stirring up everything while cooking.
- Its best to put potatoes on a plate with a piece or two of paper towel, Add fresh parsley if you have it and serve hot!